For me, it depends on the time of day and I am definitely a fan of both, but of course, it also depends on the amount of time you have and it has to fit in with your daily routine.
When you wake up in the morning there is nothing better than an invigorating shower to kick-start your day. Brave people opt for a bracing cold shower, but don’t try this if you are washing your hair because you’ll be there forever trying to wash out the shampoo and conditioner.
It’s better to start with warm/hot water to wash and then have a final blast with the cold if you want that final zing!
If you have time, an exfoliating gel in the shower before you rinse it off is perfect – you will certainly be ready to face your day. Don’t forget to finish off with a body lotion.
After a hectic day…
…there can be nothing better in my opinion than a long, relaxing bath to prepare yourself for a restful sleep. Don’t have the water too hot as it could have the opposite effect by speeding up your heart but if you really want to relax, products containing lavender or camomile essential oils will really help.
Try this at home
I don’t know anyone that doesn’t enjoy a visit to a spa – especially if someone else has treated you. You might have had a salt body wrap which they say detoxes the body by sloughing off rough skin and boosting lymph circulation but you can easily do this yourself at home.
- Mix 3 tablespoons sea salt with a tablespoon of olive oil . Add lavender essential oil
- Spread this mixture over your body and lie down on a towel
- Cover yourself with another towel and blanket
- Put on your music and relax for 30 mins
- Finally rinse off in the shower with warm water and gently dry
Salt baths are amazing too!
You can use ready-made fragranced bath salts (made only with essential oils!), Dead Sea salts, Epsom salts or even plain sea salt. Sometimes it’s not a bad idea to take a rest from the bubbles because salt baths boost the skin’s natural detoxification process.
The skin releases toxins into the bath water and absorbs minerals sloughing away dead skin cells and leaving your skin feeling wonderful and smooth.
1. Throw a handful of salt crystals into the bath before running the water.
2. Fill the bath with warm water.
3. Soak for 30 minutes maximum.
4. Dry with a towel (don’t shower )
5. Apply your favourite body lotion
6. Relax and drink some water – you will feel wonderful.
Let me know which At Home treatments you tried, and the results? Comment below, or pop over to our Facebook page and drop me a line!
PS: Don’t forget to take a look around our lovely handmade and all natural range of products to make your Bath and Shower time an absolute delight!